Thursday, May 15, 2008

Paper woes

Yesterday we received our home study - our last piece of the dossier puzzle! Yeah!!! Today I went to the state capital to certify the home study along with a few other documents for our dossier. It was my third trip there in the past year. Not a quick trip, either. But I was so excited. I drove an hour there, I gave them my papers, paid my money, and sat in the waiting room all smiles. They called me back a few minutes later and said, "There's something wrong with the notary you used...her stamp does not match the name she is registered under." I guess the stamp was supposed to have her middle initial, but because it doesn't, all 13 papers that she notarized need to be redone (and it's totally not her fault - just a random weird mistake.) Not a big deal in the huge scheme of things, but at the moment I was so mentally, emotionally, and even physically drained by this whole year-long paper chase, that I actually started bawling in the state index department's waiting room. I felt like such an idiot. Anyway, I drove back home, was able to redo about 6 of the papers which I'm thankful for, and now just need to see if my wonderful doctor can redo our medical forms just one more time (I feel like I've said that at least the past 3 times...Jill and Joni I am SOOOO SORRY!).

I know God is in control and there's a reason for everything, but right now, I just wanna go watch "Lost" and forget about stinky paperwork.

7 comments:

Matt and Katie said...

Hang in there. Just keep your eyes on the prize...there is a little Wuthrich baby out there waiting along with you. GOD'S TIMING IS PERFECT!!!!!!! And soon it well all be over (or just beginning) however you want to look at it;-).

Anonymous said...

Ohhh Erin! I HATE that for you! It's such a sick feeling, isn't it??? But you're right- it WILL work out- and in His perfect timing. I keep praying!

miss carys said...

I'll go with you tomorrow if you want..

Susan & Truman said...

I completely understand your frustration with the paperwork. You just want it to be DONE already!! Try to take things one day at a time. Good luck!

Holli said...

I hear you on the paper woes... though I am 6 months later then you.... I watch "Lost" but mostly just get lost in blogs. So sorry to hear this news- I would have cried too!

Joni said...

NO PROBLEM, ERIN!!!!! :) I am praying for you guys!! It will be worth it all in the end!
and tell Ross I am sorry- I didn't hear his voice mail on my phone until tonight.... after he had called me today at the office and came in for me to do the papers!! I hope they will be ok this time!
love you guys!

Janell said...

Isaiah 30:18. "Therefore the Lord will wait, that He may be gracious to you; and therefore He will be exalted, that He may have mercy on you. For the Lord is a God of justice, blessed are all those who wait for Him." God is taking you on quite a journey! :) But remember that each step is growing you and exalting Him! love ya!