Saturday, May 17, 2008

One more thing -

For all of you PAP's out there (prospective adoptive parents):), listen up -

Yesterday when I was at the state department, I was joking around with the lady who certified my papers and said, "I was the lady crying in your waiting room yesterday - I'm sure that doesn't happen very often...." To which she replied, "Actually, you'd be surprised, we get that quite often...the notaries order their own stamps and sometimes mistakes are made on the commission expiration date or signature, so it's always a good idea to call about your notaries before you come down here to check if everything is correct."

Good advice, wish I would've known that - that's why I'm passing on the info to you guys. Hopefully it'll make for speedy, efficient, correct paperwork for all of you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eri!

I love reading this. It's 4 am here and I'm missing you. It's so great to know that things went so well in Springfield. Things are really happening! I'm thrilled. I love you as always. Is it time for Hilton Head yet?? Talk with you soon,
Love,
Macy

Erin said...

I love and miss you too, sister!

Nichole said...

Thanks for the tip! I am working on my second dossier, switched from Uzbekistan to Russia. I am going to Springfield on Thursday and wouldn't have known to check on notaries. I have checked on mine and they seem to be right, but I would have rather found out before I went there! Thanks and I pray you receive a speedy referral!