Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Today

It's late, it's been a big day, and I'm feeling reflective. So, here's some highlights of a random day....

Today my Jo had her tonsils out. She was such a trooper.

All set for surgery...
Waiting, listening, and on deck...
And here she is an hour-and-a-half later, in Recovery 2, and attempting a smile...see what I mean? A total trooper. We were so proud of our little peanut - and so thankful for a successful surgery.
Tonight sitting right on Josie's armchair, I found this....
On closer examination it reads: "Dear Josie, Are you feeling good? I wanted to write a note for you. I put a balloon on the paper. I wanted to give you the magnet thing to you put on a smile! Love, Maggie."
Ok, so are you gagging with sugary sweetness and light? :) I'm so thankful for the times I witness my kids loving on each other and for the times they behave so well they're actually voted "best patient of the day" by all of their nurses, but seriously, is that real? All the time? ha ha ha.....

Remember this?
Well, these days, it's looking more like this...(that's my mom in the middle - she took the boys this morning while we were with Josie at the hospital.) Just check out Miles' expression...
Ok, to put it bluntly, the honeymoon is over. Yes, they're learning to love each other and have their moments of great bonding brotherly love, but they're working out life together too - and we're all finding that can be pretty messy and exhausting...
And tonight, a last word from my sweet little note-writer...

While other parents are teaching their children to save money to build REAL wells for REAL poor people, well, just check out what I found as I was tucking everyone into bed...

It reads, "Wishing Well, we are poor, donate a lot of money. Thank you."

Oh my.... :)

3 comments:

Holli said...

Hope Josie heals quickly!
The boys are as cute as ever and honeymoons are suppose to end and life begins - praying it is a little less :( a little more :)! It is HARD to give up being the baby! (I was 8 and lets just say I was VERY :( !!!)
Thanks for your honesty!
and the last note TO FUNNY!

Lisa said...

I just LOVE your family!!!! :)

Janell said...

Crack me up, Miles expression is priceless. I love it. Change is hard, but in the end so worth it! Hope Josie continues to do well!