Thursday, November 19, 2009

Signing off

This is a bittersweet post to write.


I've loved being a part of "blog-world" the last couple of years! I felt like I've had a front-row seat to watching families grow through pregnancies and adoptions, a peek inside people's lives as they raise their kids, and a look inside their hearts as they've shared their thoughts and feelings.

It's been a great way to chronicle our past couple of years too - my primary motivation to starting this blog was for our adoption and it's amazing to go back and read through everything that has led to today.

And right now I just sense God calling me to pull back - to simplify and to focus on being faithful in the small things. And for me, part of that simplifying is closing out the blog.

I'd love to send all of you yearly family updates around Christmas (we're going to send out e-Christmas greetings this year as opposed to snail-mail so leave your e-mail address in my comments section if I don't have it!)

Thanks for reading!

And remember to have lots of "Rice and Peas" (Grace and Peace) this holiday season. ;)

10 comments:

Janell said...

so sad. i love catching glimpses of everyday life around your house. but i understand. i might be there myself soon.... looking forward to the christmas cards and potluck.

I am...... said...

Erin, It has been fun hearing your stories. You know our family would LOVE to get your Christmas greeting:) our email address is adam_andrea@comcast.net I am in the same boat as my last post was in July. I'm glad I will still see you at school though!

The Deans said...

OK I don't know where that I am... came from but it was left from me (Andrea Dean)

Holli said...

so sad.... God has blessed me through your blog- thank you for sharing your story! I will miss you!

I am.... is from my blog! When you sign in! ;)

love to get your Christmas letters!

Ross said...

I will miss them, too...

April said...

Oh, sad, Erin! It's been so neat to reconnect with your world this way. Please add me to your list -- mcclurestewart at gmail dot com.

Thanks, dear one. Rice and peas to you and yours.

Heidi Klopfenstein said...

I will miss reading and seeing pictures on your blog, but understand. I'd love to get your Christmas greetings.
email: heidiklop@cox.net

Grace and Peace to your family this Thanksgiving and Christmas!

Tammy said...

Hi Erin - I will miss reading your blog but completely understand your decision. I Look forward to a Christmas card. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

April said...

Awe!! I'm sad! I love the pics since I don't get to see you guys too often. Maybe you guys can post some on fb instead :) I think you have my email, but just in case...bradapril@verizon.net We'll be at Gma D's Thurs. If you guys are at your Gma T's come over and say hi!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

It has been fun getting to know you and your family, first through blog world and then in person. I never thanked you for our last ET get-together and the food you provided and helping Abby plan it. So, thank you. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas! We have so much to be thankful for as I reflect on where we were a year ago and how God has brought our family togther. I'm sure you feel the same. Blessings to you and your sweet family! - Jena