Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fall

It's been crazy around here lately. I feel like I've been dropping the ball constantly, chronically late, grouchy to my kids and man, and just generally not finding my groove.

Yesterday I was home most of the day with some sort of 24 hr. flu junk. (In amidst all of the colds, runny noses, coughs, etc. that have already struck...) ugh... But it was actually a blessing in disguise. The weather was beautiful - a sunny oasis to break up the constant, rainy, dreariness of the past couple of weeks. One of my kids came running inside so excited about the gorgeous fall colors on our bushes and trees, that it inspired me. I grabbed my camera and my kids, and rediscovered the beauty of being spontaneous, slowing down, really taking the time to look at and talk to my kids, and just enjoying the now....

Happy Fall!






4 comments:

Holli said...

love the pics! and those boots are too cute!
Hope you are all better soon!

miss carys said...

AWESOME. Love the hair. Glad the day turned out well.

Valerie said...

Love the pictures. You are an awsome mother. Don't let anybody tell you different. nuff said B-)

foreverisamoment said...

Gorgeous kiddos you have. Way to capture the moment, even if you aren't feeling your groove lately. I am right there with you. Yonas' hair looks soooo cute growing out a bit, I didn't think it was possible that he could get even a teensy bit cuter, but he proved me wrong. xoxo