Thursday, April 2, 2009

We Have a Court Date!

May 14th!

I'm in shock. Definitely still surreal - I feel like I'm floating through life right now. :)

And we just got confirmation that the Embassy in Addis has our approval, but I'm kinda sweating the fact that we're going to mess everything up by moving and having to send an update. (It's crazy the hoops we have to jump through just to say we're moving 2 minutes away. Ugh.)

BUT, it's all good. I'm thankful. I'm blessed. And of all the things I wonder, dream, and think about, it's his smell. Wierd, maybe, but true. I just can't wait to smell my little boy. To bury my face in his little neck and soak him up.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's on the calendar! Your induction is just around the corner:) I love you sister. This is completely AWESOME!
Macy

Anonymous said...

I can hardly believe it! So thrilled for you guys...I got the chills just reading it. I can't wait for him to be in your arms either!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you guys! I got tears in my eyes when I read your post from March 9th. The last paragraph was especially awesome. What an amazing God we have!

Janell said...

Sooo happy!!! Almost as happy as I am for our praise. :) I just can't wait for you to bring him home and smell him! :) Honestly, that's something I haven't thought of. I think about the feel of her skin. When I get to hold her, what will she feel like? I CAN'T WAIT!! Tears right now just thinking of that moment. love you.

Holli said...

SO EXCITING!!!!

Matt and Katie said...

WOW...I got a great visiual of you holding him and just taking it all in. Now I am excited to TRUELY see it!!! CONGRATS and try not to sweat the move it WILL all work out!!

Laura said...

Great News Erin!!!!

Nancy K said...

May 14th, so very exciting! Will be praying it is successful!

Liz said...

That is AWESOME! Congratulations! Wishing your family the best.

Joy Rugaard said...

Hip Hip Hooray! Home in time for a great summer! Can't wait to see his little face playing up the street!

Anonymous said...

so thankful that your court date is mid-may! hurrah! will be praying that the address change will go smoothly. and you soon will have your little one home. =)
love, teresa c