Monday, April 13, 2009

Last night here...

Tonight is the last night we'll be sleeping in our house before we move tomorrow. Thought I'd post some pics of the kids all set for bed in their old, familiar spots for the last time. It's kinda bittersweet and exciting at the same time...

Maggie and Josie in their beds for the last time...these beds are staying with the house.




Miles in his toddler bed for the last time before he graduates to a big-boy bed and Ellie in her sleeping bag where her bed used to be...it's already over at our new house. She's journaling about the whole thing with her new calligraphy pen. :) Makes an English-major mom proud. :)



This afternoon I was feeling a little freaked about all of the change on the horizon and then I just realized so much of what I feel depends primarily on how I process it. What kind of filter am I looking at all of this through? A "negative, this-is-crazy-every-thing's-happening-at-once" filter, or a "positive, so-thankful-God's-provisions (and timing)-are-amazingly-perfect" filter? (Does that make sense?) I guess I really, truly sense God teaching me to take every thought captive into obedience to Him...and I'm finding there's immeasurable peace and contentment that flows from doing just that.

So, here's to the last night in my bed (yep, we're graduating to a King-sized!) and the first night of our new adventure...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I feel for you- change is not so fun always, but go with looking through the positive filter. God's led you to this point. He's provided everything and even though it's bittersweet, He won't leave you now!
Now get settled so you can bring that cute little man home! (:

Holli said...

Very exciting! and a lot to process!
Love the pictures of the kids! and you will LOVE your king!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sad I don't get to bid 533 Nelson goodbye in person. It's been such a great homey home for you guys! The pictures are great. I think they'll have fun looking back on those. On to the adventure through the positive lens! God is with you as you transition just as He has been every step of the way leading up to this. I'm sure it's a bit overwhelming, and that's OK. Second by second Delia:) Wish I was there to help! I love you sister. When I see you next you will be in a different spot - weird, but so cool. Talk with you soon. xoxoxo
Macy

Janell said...

Bring on the change. It's hard but good b/c God has ordered it all for you! And it's one step closer to bringing Jonas home!

Matt and Katie said...

So where was the picture of you and Ross in your bed for the last time:) You know the house will be in good hands and I am positive you can stop and visit whenever!! Selfishly I (and Amelia and Elijah) are so looking forward to you all be closer to US!!! Plus this whole change is TOTALLY for the better!!! GOD IS SO SO GOOD!!!

Lisa said...

Just reading your blog makes me lonesome for ya'll!! It's so exciting to see all the changes. I liked what you said about the filter....SO true! love ya!
Lisa & fam