Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Just me and the cat

Wow. First day of school. All three of my girlies are enjoying their first day as 1st, 3rd, and 5th graders, and Miles was invited to play with the neighbor this morning. I find myself roaming around the kitchen thinking, "surely there's something I'm supposed to be doing right now...." ha ha ha...and there's tons to do, but my life has been divided up into 2 hr. increments for years now and I hardly know what to do with myself! (So I blog. ha ha) There's tons to do, but I've never really been able to tackle any big projects during the day - and that's my plan starting in about a 1/2 hr. :) Of course, this phase won't last long, as we'll be bringing another little one home in the next months, but wow, it's kinda weird feeling.

Here's a picture of the girls this morning - they were all up, dressed, and ready by 7:30. Hope we can keep that up! (ha ha - wishful thinking, I'm sure)



And this morning Miles' preschool teacher made a home-visit to introduce herself and give him an idea of what to expect in a couple of weeks when school starts for him. They totally hit it off and he's gonna love it. A highlight of their conversation was when she pointed to a circle and said, "What's this?" And Miles replied, "Um, an 'O'." And she said, "Yes, it's a letter 'O,' but what shape is it? A square? A rectangle?" All to which Miles answered, "No....but maybe it could be a hole!" :) Oh boy.



Well, off to big projects like beginning to go through our stuff and pack to get ready to move in the next few months...something I haven't mentioned in blog world yet, but that's another post. :) And now I'm going to have WAY too much time to think, wonder, worry, and hope for a referral call for our little man in Ethiopia. So pray I can focus those thoughts into constructive prayers lifting it all into God's hands.

3 comments:

Holli said...

Happy first day of school!
I think I have checked the forum about a billion times today! WHERE are the referrals???? I just want to get happy for someone else!:) I have a feeling my will be way over a year- which I am ok with but with nothing going on its just no fun!
Happy waiting to us!

tizzylish said...

Awesome that you have some time to yourself...hope you'll be able to fill the void (hee hee). Love the picture of the girls - they look so excited for their first day back to school. Our home visit comes next week...so close to having half a day with only one child. :0)

So, what's this about packing???

Anonymous said...

:) i miss you guys. those pictures made me tear up a little bit. haha... i love you!