Sunday, September 7, 2008

What we've been up to...

We've had a fun, crazy couple of weeks...Here are some highlights:





We hung out with our good friends...we even got the BABY girls to smile for the camera, but the boys...totally different story (and breed.) :)



We got to watch our friends' sweet little boy...Miles kept saying, "Aren't I such a great big brother?!" (In total anticipation of our new little man.)

Oh, and news on the adoption front...we just got word from our agency that referrals are now going to take 12 mo. instead of the 6-9 we initially thought. Ugh, it's only been 3 1/2 mo. so far....



Miles officially started preschool. He came home and said, "I could stay there forever!"



I had an over-the-phone Aveda consult with my professional stylist sister Molly :) and cut Ellie's hair in long layers...I even impressed myself (even though it took 1 1/2 hrs...sorry El!)





Today after church we went to a park close by and got to ride the train, see animals, and have a picnic. It was so fun to just "be." I raced the kids, I flew down a gigantic slide, ate way too many chocolate-chip cookies, and had an absolute blast.

We had an incredible sermon today about "A Faith that Overcomes Fear" (Mark5:21-43). We learned to let go, wait, lean on and keep our eyes on Him, and then watch Him work in our lives...knowing it's all for His ultimate praise, honor, and glory. It was so timely and perfect for me. I've definitely been struggling with letting go and getting so blinded by circumstances that I can't see Jesus!

That really spoke to my heart and translated into a totally peaceful, relaxing, great afternoon with my fam. I pray that I can keep my eyes fixed on Him and internalize those truths as the week progresses....

6 comments:

Holli said...

at this point I don't care how long I wait just as long as the list moves a little bit and that it will happen some day!:) Lean on HIM! and trust HIM!
great job on the hair cut- and LOVE your hair- it is so long!
Hope we see some action on "the List":)

Anonymous said...

Erin. Love your title pic. Sorry about the 12 mos. I wonder if the agency changes this or if it is just due to the Country? We chose Gladney... so we will see :). Love, J

Janell said...

Erin- you are beautiful (love your hair too) on the outside and inside. So great to see you tonight. I miss our neighbor days! And, that was when I only had 2 1/2 kids, not four, so my cleaning really has gone down hill. :) Praying for you...for patience, for perspective, and for peace. God knows best! love you.

Anonymous said...

I miss my friends! I love seeing pictures of your beautiful family. Praying for you as you wait on Him. Love you all so much!

miss carys said...

Such great pictures Erin! Especially the one of you and Mags- beauteous.

Chris said...

Wow, those guys are growing up so fast.
I miss them so much and you too...

and I guess Ross too.
:)