Friday, January 18, 2008

New Decree

We found out this week that Ukraine has issued a new decree concerning adoption quotas. The old one stated that the SDA (Ukraine adoption authority) would accept 460 dossiers from American citizens for the year 2008. They also subdivided these children into age categories - 32 under the age of 6, etc....Well, Jan. 15th, they announced the new decree (it cancels the old one) which states the SDA will accept 1400+ dossiers and these will NOT be subdivieded into specific countries or age categories of children. Yea!!!

I'm confident God is in control and that He's got our litte guy (the kids call their future sibling LAG - little adopted guy :) in HIS hands. We won't know the age or sex of our child until we travel (although we're praying for a little boy, 0-5), so it's definately a huge leap of faith for me. I feel Him carving out a piece of my heart already - it's quite an amazing feeling to be falling in love with an unknown child, but it's happening (it feels like my heart is "pregnant!") I prayed for God to "supernaturally knit our hearts" to our future child, and I feel like it's already begun! He is so faithful.

Oh, and our small group grew by 1 last night - Mason Andrew was born! And we're praying for our friends in Korea bringing home their little guy Cole as I write!

0 comments: