Sunday, August 30, 2009

"All the day..."

Ellie just came into the kitchen as I was cooking and told me she told Yonas about Jesus...how he died on the cross for us, loves us, etc....and I was like, "Wow - that's awesome, Ell!"


It wasn't two minutes later and Yonas ran upstairs saying, "Mom! Yonas - Jesus! Yonas - Jesus!" And I said something generic like, "Ya, buddy, Jesus!" And he said, really, really quietly, almost in a whisper, "Mom - Jesus hug Yonas all the day!" (Almost like, "OH! I know Him!")

And it just struck me - how God has truly been with this sweet little boy throughout all of the traumatic and dramatic changes in his short life...4 homes in the past 8 months, 3 languages, multiple caretakers, a new mamma and daddy...I've often marveled at how in the world he's done so well. And I've always known it's been God. A total, marvelous God-thing. But to look at this bright-eyed, thriving, beautiful, beautiful boy, and hear that sweet, genuine little whisper...it's an inexplicable image for me - my little Yonas being hugged and supernaturally protected by the Almighty God "all the day"....wow.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing story! Thanks for sharing...and blessing us. And way to go, Ellie! :o) We are so eager to meet our new nephew. Until then...hugs and kisses.
Love ya, "Monie"

Valerie said...

What an awesome and great God! I don't doubt for a minute he feels God's love and presence!!! I'm thinking of all the prayers in the past months for protection over the little boy who will become part of our family. I thank our Great God he hears us and cares. He has great plans for that young man.

Holli said...

wow....
God is so good- all the day long!

April said...

Beautiful, Erin. Amazing, astonishing, and just beautiful beyond comprehension...

miss carys said...

Wow! HOW awesome!!