Friday, January 23, 2009

Calling all Warriors...

Ok, no referral yet (sorry for the false alarm) - I feel the need to briefly break my fast to send out a call for prayer. My dear, dear friend and cousin, Libby and her husband Spencer found out this week that their sweet girl Tess (almost 4) has stage 4 neuroblastoma. Cancer. She had an operation this afternoon that was successful in removing her adrenal gland tumor. Praise God. She has quite a long road ahead of her with chemo, long trips to Memphis, and bone marrow treatment, etc...Spencer and Libby have been incredible - quite a testimony of amazing faith to all of us. Please pray for Tess and her family. Visit them at http://www.caringbridge.org/ - princesstess.

And after waiting in the hospital with Spence and Lib this afternoon, we went directly to the airport to help welcome 3 yr. old Charles Misikir home from Ethiopia. Such a beautiful little man. It's been so amazing to see God working in this...Please pray for our friends Jeff and Abby and their family as they transition from family of 6 to 7. Follow their journey at http://www.jeffandabby6.blogspot.com/.

It's been quite a day. Two precious three-year-olds...two very different situations...and God's fingerprint is all over both. Let's continue to cover them in prayer!

9 comments:

April said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Tess. Praise God for the healing that has already begun. I will be praying for strength, endurance and assurance for all of them.

And I'll add little Charles to my list, too.

And you and your family are there, Erin. Praying for endurance of a different sort for y'all...

Holli said...

so sad and so happy- and you are right GOD is in both!!! praying for them all!

Anonymous said...

LOVE YOU! Thanks for everything. I am so glad taht you were there with those Magnolia words today. We need Macy.

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"

xoxoxo,
Lib

Liz said...

I found out about Tess just yesterday and having been praying for her and your entire family. We will continue to follow Tess' story and continue to pray for her.

Sandy said...

Thank you so much for letting us know about Tess on your site. I will be praying for her and all Libby's family. I'm in awe of their testimony.

Susan & Truman said...

My cousin's family had the same diagnosis for their little girl maybe 2+ yrs ago (similar age too!) It's a horrible disease, but she continues to fight with all her might and beat cancer. I can give you their website info if your cousin would like it for some support. My prayers are with your family & with Tess.

Susan & Truman said...

Erin, The website for my cousin's little girl in on carepages.com and the name of the page is "maddiessickbug". Or you can try this link: http://www.carepages.com/carepages/maddiessickbug

Holli said...

ok so I heard the GREAT NEWS!!! Congrats on the "baby" boy!!!! NOW WE/I NEED A POST!!! HOW WHEN WHAT WHERE AND WHO!!!????? ALL THE DETAILS!!! for us waiters it gives us HOPE!!!:)

Brooke said...

Following your blog thru the forum...
also wanted to say I am in Memphis. If they need anything when your family is here, I am happy to help. email me, see my blog.