Monday, June 29, 2009

We're off!

AHHH!!!! I've been thinking about posting all week, but it's been so crazy around here! Life just keeps happening - we've had a great last couple of weeks, friends and family have rallied around us in amazing ways, and God's love and blessing have been pouring down. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You know who you are and when I get a chance in the next few weeks, I can't wait to share how you've all blessed us!


Well, we leave in about 30 hrs. That means I only have 30 hrs. left to wrap things up around here. It's definitely crunch time.

We leave at 9:28 am on Wed. morning 7/01 and return at 5:47 pm on Friday evening 7/10.

I think one or more of our family members will update the blog while we're gone. I know I always love to read the "in-country" updates, so hopefully riceandpeas won't disappoint! :)

And, again, we would love your prayers as we head off - for health, safety, and a million other little things. Especially for our kiddos - the ones here and the one there. My heart aches for all 5 right now - I just can't wait until I can cuddle up with all of them on the couch, smooshing me, while we read a book or watch a movie. It's the simple things, isn't it? :)

So, until then....

:)

14 comments:

Liz said...

Congratulations! I will pray for safe travels, health, and the well being of your whole family. Enjoy your time in Ethiopia. Take care and God Bless.

Joy Rugaard said...

Erin...I have been meaning to stop by and give hugs to send you off...We will be praying for you all!! Can't wait to meet your sweet little guy!

Janell said...

This is it!! I'm so excited for you to meet Jonas and to know him. Look into his eyes, feel his skin, and smell his smell. :) You'll be a great mommy to this sweet boy. Praying for safe travels and good adjustments. Love ya!

Heidi Klopfenstein said...

SO EXCITING!! I Will keep your whole family in my prayers!!

Heather H. said...

Oh my Goodness!! It is finally here!! I pray that your travels are safe and for ALL of your children. The wait has been long, but so well worth it. Like I have said before "good things happen to good people" and you and Ross are the best. I can't wait to have the Wuthrich boys in class someday!!

Holli said...

SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!! So glad for all of us you will be updating!!! Praying!

Matt and Katie said...

Seriously can't believe it is here!!!!!! We will be praying and waiting to meet him!!! Enjoy this life changing experience:) Like Steven Curtis Chapman put it...you have 4 natural kids and now you are getting your boy SUPER NATURALLY!!!! Love that and love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you guys a lot and praying for all of you! I can't wait to hear about your trip and see a picture of your whole family together! Love you! Erika

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's finally here! Praying that you have a marvelous trip! Can't wait to hear about it! Take lots of pictures so we can enjoy your trip too!
Love you guys,
Lorri

Lisa said...

OOOOHHHHH....I just can't wait for you guys to meet Jonas face to face (I'm crying thinking about it!!) and to bring him home and let everyone love on him. God bless your travels and each one of you. We LOVE YOU SOOOO much!!

Kirk & Lisa

J Gutwein said...

Best wishes & praying for you. Love, J

Beth said...

Hey Erin, praying for y'all and excited to see you soon.

meganelise said...

Awesome! SO excited for you guys! Praying that you'll have safe travels and adjustments will go well. Love you guys!

Megan Harkness

tizzylish said...

How awesome! Many prayers for safe travel and a smooth transition. Can't wait to hear all about it!